Where do you store your CD collection?
On shelves? In a cupboard? Sometimes scattered, on the floor? With UnitiServe, every CD you own can be stored, catalogued and ready to play at the press of a key, the click of a mouse or the touch of an iPhone.
UnitiServe is a compact, slot-loading, CD ripping, hard disc music player and server based on the technology of the multi-award-winning Naim HDX. It takes the fundamentals of the HDX; a massive internal hard disk drive, Naim bit-perfect ripping, Ethernet connection, UPnP server, StreamNet technology and local digital outputs, and combines them with a set of features perfectly suited to music in the home of today, and tomorrow.
All things to all music lovers
An audio system can grow around UnitiServe. It can replay ripped CDs into a digital input-equipped amplifier or a digital to analogue converter like Naim's DAC, for example, with all the engaging Naim musical insight, musical performance and clarity you would expect. In addition the UnitiServe can operate as a UPnPTM server to stream audio to any UPnPTM playback device over a home network, such as NaimUniti or UnitiQute, to create a simple and fantastic sounding multi-room system. And for those wanting to put sound quality at the centre of whole-home control, UnitiServe is StreamNet-enabled and can also function as the heart of a sophisticated IP-based NaimNet* multi-room system. However you choose to use UnitiServe, it can be controlled by an iPhone or iPod touch device running a dedicated Naim app, a touch screen, or a computer anywhere on the home network either via a web browser or the Naim Desktop Client application.
UnitiServe is not just limited to CD format audio or its internal storage. It can also play back audio from a USB memory stick and will scan the network for music stored on NAS drives or network shares in WAV, AIFF, FLAC, ALAC, OGG Vorbis, AAC, WMA and MP3 formats at up to 24bit/192kHz resolution. A variant of the UnitiServe - the UnitiServe-SSD is also available. The UnitiServe-SSD has no internal hard-disk storage and is intended for use in network systems where ripped data is stored exclusively on NAS drives. The UnitiServe also gives you the option to automatically create duplicate versions of your ripped music and saves them to an allocated storage device. This makes the necessary process of backing up your music simple and pain-free.
Welcome to the future
UnitiServe brings very high performance hard disk player and music server technology into the realms of affordable high end audio. It is one of the most versatile and liberating products ever to have worn the Naim logo.
- Slot-loading drive for ease of use
- Two variants: UnitiServe or UnitiServe-SSD
- UnitiServe - 2TB Hard Drive
- UnitiServe-SSD - 16GB Single Level Cell (SLC) Enterprise Drive
- Naim bit-for-bit secure CD ripping to either internal storage (UnitiServe only) or external network attached storage (NAS) drive (both UnitiServe and UnitiServe-SSD)
- Rip to WAV or FLAC
- Save downloads or pre-ripped music to the hard drive for easy access to entire music library
- Naim Extended Music Database - supports extended metadata to track-level resolution for intuitive browsing & selection
- Naim Network Scanning - will discover all playable music & metadata available on networked computers (PC & Mac)
- Naim UPnPTM server to serve audio to any UPnPTM rendering playback device, such as the NaimUniti or UnitiQute
- Multiple intuitive control interfaces: TV / Web / Desktop Client / Handheld device (iPhone, iPod Touch) and front-panel logo
- Front-panel logo touch-sensitive eject and shutdown function
- Naim Desktop Client - for browsing music files, player setup and maintenance with a PC
- Native 24bit/192kHz playback and internal architecture with support for hi-resolution audio formats. Plays WAV up to 24bit/192kHz, MP3 both vbr and fbr, FLAC up to 24bit/192kHz, AAC (m4a only), AIFF, ALAC, OGG Vorbis and Windows Media-formatted content files.
- WAV, MP3, AAC, FLAC, WMA and Apple Lossless files played from any USB-connected storage device
- MP3 Shadow Encoding – create lower quality MP3 versions of your music for use on iPod/MP3 players
- Set share-scanning schedule – set your server to automatically search for new music on the network
- Stream internet radio over UPnP
- Add a digital to analogue converter, such as Naim's DAC, or digital input-equipped amplifier, such as Naim's SUPERNAIT, for local playback
- StreamNet-enabled for NaimNet audiophile multi-room replay of up to six streams over a network
- USB ports for easy connection of USB sticks for playback
- Ethernet network connectivity for reliability
- S/PDIF Digital output on 75Î© BNC or TOSLINK
- Composite, S-Video or VGA display output for screen or touchscreen.
- Extremely Low Jitter
- Quiet in operation
- Naim designed silent resilient 2TB Hard Drive mount
- Very low noise power supplies
- Compact non-magnetic, low resonance, low microphony, low eddy current case
- British Design and Build
Technology serving music
Our unrivalled expertise in digital audio; expertise that had its beginnings in the Naim CDS, the first genuine high-end audio CD player, is at the heart of the UnitiServe. It extracts the data from CDs using unique, in-house developed techniques and algorithms to ensure that the ripped data represents a faultless replica of the CD. The data is then stored on a 2TB internal hard disk with space for up to 2400 CDs, or on an external Network Attached Storage (NAS) with potential for space that can easily out pace your music collection. UnitiServe also stores the metadata (artwork, track titles, artists, performers, composers) for all ripped CDs, regardless of their storage location, automatically downloaded from allmusic.com. The Naim Extended Music Database format means that music can be found easily by searching for any stored parameter. You'll never lose track of a CD again.
But there's far more to UnitiServe performance than bit-perfect CD ripping and storage. Its external power supply is designed to minimise mains injected noise and it incorporates a decoupled hard-disk assembly that both minimises noise and any possibility of disturbance from external vibration. Digital signal management within the UnitiServe is based on techniques developed for the Naim HDX and the digital outputs on the CD5 XS and CDX2 CD players. UnitiServe is a true Naim product that deploys highly innovative and advanced technology simply to serve the music.
|Transcoding, proxying UPnP Server DLNA device compatible
|Digital Outputs (type)
|S/PDIF, 75 BNC and TOSLINK
|Infra Red RC5 (handset optional)
|1 x 9 way D type
|1 x S-Video, 1 x composite, 1 x 15 way D VGA
|1 x rear panel RJ45
|iPhone/iTouch, VGA, 1 x PS2 keyboard and 1 x PS2 mouse
|4 x rear panel
|1 x rear panel 3.5mm jack (RC5 modulated/unmodulated)
|CD, CD-R, CD-RW
|Audio Formats Supported
|WAV, AIFF, FLAC, ALAC, OGG Vorbis, AAC, Windows Media-formatted content files, MP3
|44.1kHz, 48kHz, 88.2kHz, 96kHz and 192kHz native
|16bit, 24bit, 32bit fixed, 32bit float
|USER CONTROL INTERFACES
|4:3 and 16:9 customisable TV interface USB touch screen compatible
|PC and Mac internet browser compatible Adobe Flash user interface
|Installer-customisable reference apps available
|User interface app for iPhone and iPod Touch devices
|Front Panel Logo
|Touch-sensitive eject and shutdown mode function
|STREAMING AND RIPPING
|Scan and play from FAT and NTFS formatted memory sticks
|Scan and play from music stored on a network share
|Rip to external network storage for expanded music storage
|AllMusic.com online, FreeDB online and local database
|6 user streams to NaimNet and NetStreams systems
|100V, 115V, 230V; 50 or 60Hz
|PRODUCT CERTIFICATIONS & LICENSES
|StreamNet Connected, Digital Fidelity
|MP3, AAC, AMG
|Windows Media is a trademark of Microsoft Corporation. UPnP is a trademark of the UPnP forum. iPod, iPhone and Mac are trademarks of Apple Inc, registered in the U.S. and other countries. Adobe Flash is a registered trademark of Adobe Systems Incorporated
|Black powder coated
|Black powder coated