The original hi-fi mini monitor, and respected by all. Radius 90 continues to evolve, delivering a greater size-defying performance than ever before. New Radius 90 incorporates a 4” (100mm) C-CAM® bass driver and 1” (25mm) C-CAM tweeter for a tuneful, controlled and powerful sound in pairs or combined as front and rear speakers in an AV system along with the 200 or 225, and the 380/ 390 subs. Use the optional MASM speaker mount or any standard wall bracket for wall mounting via the 90’s single point fixing. Optional floor stands expand the installation possibilities still further.
- New 4” C-CAM® bass driver - Radius features all new bass drivers with concave cone profiles, introduced by our top-of-the-range Platinum speakers and applied subsequently to Gold GX. Extensive research and FEA modelling have allowed us to perfect the relationship between the new radiating diaphragm and its motor design, introducing larger motor sizes and voice coils for increased excursion, higher power capability and reduced distortion.
- New C-CAM gold dome tweeter - optimised to deliver the finest and widest performance within the compact Radius cabinets. It benefits from a more efficient rear-venting design, releasing air trapped and compressed at the back of the tweeter dome, and guiding it around the drive assembly to a rear-loading chamber.
- HiVe®II port design - Straight from Platinum’s design blueprint, the HiVe reflex port makes its Radius debut. It’s shaped to have the same effect on airflow as a gun-barrel on a bullet. Rifled grooves inside the port help to accelerate the flow and reduce turbulence, so air moves in and out of the port more efficiently, for a faster more dynamic bass response.
- Single through-bolt driver fixing provides mechanical de-coupling and enhanced mid-band clarity and resolution. The through-bolts also act as rigid cross bracing to give a very solid non-resonant cabinet.
- Single point ¼”x20TPI wall fixing. Use the optional Monitor Audio speaker mount or any standard wall bracket
- Optional floor-stand with internal (pre-wired) cable management system.
HIVE II PORT TECHNOLOGY
A new type of port technology which uses a straight rifled design to accelerate air flow and reduce turbulence. HiVe II technology has the ability to move air in and out much quicker than a conventional port, the result is fast powerful bass coupled with superior transient response.
C-CAM BASS DRIVERS
Refined over many years by Monitor Audio, Ceramic-Coated Aluminium/Magnesium is used as a driver cone material for all our speaker designs from the mid-market models up. Originally developed by the aerospace industry for jet engine components, C-CAM's properties are ideal for loudspeaker cones being extremely rigid, yet light enough to yield high overall efficiency. C-CAM bass drivers are able to resist the bending distortion imposed by sudden and extreme bass excursions to reproduce very clean, deep and dynamic bass frequencies. Conventional cone materials are more likely to flex in operation, producing a significant level of audible distortion.
GOLD DOME C-CAM
The gold dome tweeter is formed from a ceramic-coated aluminium/magnesium alloy, gold anodised to a specific thickness for ideal stiffness and damping characteristics. Its new profile and surround geometry have been developed using advanced modelling tools, to provide the optimum qualities for accurate sound reproduction. The new design moves the first order of breakup to beyond 35kHz, producing a linear response way beyond audibility, which matches the wide frequency bandwidth available from HD music and cinema sound formats.
The gold dome is thinner, lighter, more rigid and therefore more efficient than domes made from other materials which are prone to distortion in the audio band.
|80Hz - 35KHz
|Power Handling Single (RMS)
|System Power Handling (RMS)
|Recommended Amplifier Requirements
|Maximum SPL (dBA)
|Bass reflex - rear ported
|1 x 4” (100mm) C-CAM® cone bass/mid driver
1 x 1” (25mm) C-CAM gold dome tweeter
|Cabinet Dimensions (H x W x D)
|198 x 125 x 140mm
|Cabinet Dimensions (H x W x D)(Inc Grille & Terminals)
|198 x 125 x 164mm
|Cabinet Dimensions (H x W x D)(Inc Grille & Bracket)
|198 x 125 x 203mm
|Optional - Monitor Audio Speaker Mount (MASM)
|2.1kg (4lb 10oz)