The Control4 EA-5 Entertainment and Automation Controller are designed to deliver the ultimate smart home experience, featuring the highest-quality audio of the EA series and processing power to coordinate hundreds of smart devices. The EA-5 can automate sophisticated home theaters, complex interior and exterior lighting scenes, vital security and communications systems, and climate controls for multiple zones.
The EA-5 features five independent audio outputs—two digital coaxial, two RCA stereo analog, and one HDMI—with an audiophile-grade signal-to-noise ratio of 118dB. A built-in music server delivers immersive, multi-stream, high-resolution audio with five built-in simultaneous audio streams from your local music collection, a variety of streaming music services, or from AirPlay-enabled devices using native Control4 ShairBridge technology. Expand beyond five streams by including additional EA-5 or EA-3 Controllers.
Secure, wireless ZigBee communication; plentiful I/O including IR, serial, contacts and relays; and IP control enable connections to smart home devices such as thermostats, door locks, doorbells, cameras, security panels, sensors, lighting, shades, garage door controllers, irrigation systems, and much more. The sleek design, rack-mount form factor, and top-of-the-line connectivity make the EA-5 the ultimate foundation for any Control4 system and the platform to power the future of your smart home.
- Advanced multi-core processor delivers a new level of speed and performance for instantaneous, interactive on-screen control and access to lighting, security, music, and video libraries.
- High-resolution audio delivered with high-quality DACs, exceptional signal-to-noise ratio and ultra-low distortion for multiple simultaneous streams of fantastic-sounding music.
- Integrated music server with native support for Pandora®, Spotify, TIDAL, Deezer, TuneIn, and Napster® streaming services.
- Elegant on-screen experience for easy access to entertainment and the entire home.
- Low-profile design features an integrated power supply for flexible, simple installation and long-term reliability.
- Pre-installed rack ears and 1U rack size for convenient rack mounting.
- Incredibly fast, intuitive control from a tablet, smart phone, touch screen, remote, or TV On-Screen Navigator.
- Built-in five-port gigabit network switch simplifies installation for your network-connected devices around the television.
- Integrated ZigBee radio with external antennas adds high-performance connectivity.
- USB and eSATA ports enable connections to external hard drives for easy access to music content.
- Control4 App license enables in-home control from multiple iOS—including Apple Watch—and Android mobile devices. Connect to your home remotely with an optional 4Sight subscription.
- Video/Audio Intercom license for whole-home communications with Control4 touch screens and door stations.
Control4 Controller Comparison
2 - shared w/IR
2 - shared w/IR
3 - shared w/IR
4 - shared w/IR
Number of built-in audio streams
1 x HDMI
1 x HDMI
1 x analog
1 x digital
1 x HDMI
2 x analog
2 x digital
1 x HDMI
Ethernet (1 Gbps)
Secondary controller support
|Control4 app license||Included—Supports up to 50 devices|
|Streaming services||Pandora®, Napster®, Spotify, TuneIn, TIDAL, Deezer|
|ShairBridge||Up to 20 instances of the driver in the project; 5 concurrent streams|
|Inputs / Outputs|
|Video out||1 video out—HDMI|
|Video||HDMI 1.4 output; HD 1080p, 50-60 Hz|
|Audio out||5 audio out—1 HDMI, 2 stereo analog, 2 digital coax|
|Audio in||4 audio in—2 stereo analog, 2 digital coax|
|Audio playback formats||AAC, AIFF, ALAC, FLAC, M4A, MP2, MP3, MP4/M4A, Ogg Vorbis, PCM, WAV, WMA|
|High-resolution audio playback||Up to 192 kHz / 24 bit|
|Advanced audio subsystem||Dual audio signal processors, multiple sample rate converters|
|Audio system controls (analog or digital coax)||10-band graphic equalizer, input gain, output gain, loudness, tone controls, balance|
|Signal-to-noise ratio||<-118 dBFS|
|Total harmonic distortion||0.00023 (-110 dB)|
|Ethernet||10/100/1000BaseT compatible (required for controller setup)|
|Built-in Ethernet switch||1 Ethernet in + 4 gigabit Ethernet switch ports|
|WiFi||Internal Dual-Band Wireless-N (EA-5 V1) (2.4 GHz, 5 GHz, 802.11n/g/b) Optional Dual-Band WiFi USB Adapter (EA-5 V2) (2.4 GHz, 5 Ghz, 802.11ac/b/g/n/a)|
|WiFi antenna||External reverse SMA connector (EA-5 V1 only); optional WiFi adapter on the EA-5 V2|
|ZigBee antenna||External reverse SMA connector|
|eSATA port||1 eSATA port|
|USB port||1 USB 2.0 port—500mA|
|IR out||8 IR out—5V 27mA max output, 1 IR blaster—front|
|IR capture||1 IR receiver—front; 20-60 kHz|
|Serial out||4 serial out (2 DB9 ports and 2 shared with IR out 1-2)|
|Contact||4 contact sensors—2V-30VDC input, 12VDC 125mA maximum output|
|Relay||4 relays—AC: 36V, 2A maximum voltage across relay; DC: 24V, 2A maximum voltage across relay|
|Power requirements||100-240 VAC, 60/50Hz|
|Power consumption||Max: 40W, 136 BTUs/hour|
Idle: 15W, 51 BTUs/hour
|Operating temperature||32˚ ~ 104˚ F (0˚ ~ 40˚ C)|
|Storage temperature||4˚ ~ 158˚ F (-20˚ ~ 70˚ C)|
|Fan dB level||Max: 35 dB|
|Dimensions (H × W × D)||1.875" (49 mm) w/feet × 17.5" (444 mm) × 10.125" (258 mm)|
|Weight||6.85 lbs (3.10 kg)|
|Shipping weight||9.30 lbs (4.20 kg)|
|3.5 mm to DB9 Serial Cable||C4-CBL3.5-DB9B|
|SR-260 System Remote Control||C4-SR260-B|
|4Sight Subscription (1 Year)||C4-4Sight-E|