- USB Stick-Sized Digital-to-Analog Converter
- High-Output (2.1 volt)
- Plays All Music Files: MP3 to High-Resolution
- Drives Headphones Directly
- 64 Bit, Bit-Perfect Variable Output Drives Headphones, Powered Speakers, or Power Amp
- Fixed Output Feeds Preamp or Receiver
- Asynchronous Transfer Ensures Digital Timing Integrity
Beautiful Sound from Any Mobile Device or Computer
With an increasingly large variety of websites and applications from which to choose, we have far greater access to music and movies than ever before. Mobile phones, tablets, laptops, and computers can all serve as gateways to this ever-expanding universe of audio and video content. Unfortunately, these wonderful devices are not specifically designed to perform as high-fidelity audio source components because they lack the quality of parts and sophisticated circuitry that would allow them to preserve valuable musical data.
Whether connected to an Apple® or Windows® PC, or an iOS® or Android® device, DragonFly bypasses the device’s compromised audio circuitry to deliver beautiful sound to earbuds, headphones, desktop speakers, or complete audio systems, allowing the smart device to perform as a true high-fidelity audio source.
Now far more versatile and portable than ever before, DragonFly Red lets you hear all the emotional expression and nuance that makes your favorite music and movies so enjoyable.
- Plays all music files: MP3 to High-Res
- Compatible with Apple® and Windows® PCs
- Compatible with iOS devices (requires Apple Camera Adapter/Connection Kit)
- Compatible with Android devices (requires USB Adaptor For Android™ Devices)
- Drives a wide range of low- to high-efficiency headphones
- Analog variable output drives powered speakers or power amp
- Fixed output feeds preamp or AV receiver
- 64-position (digitally controlled) 64 bit, bit-perfect volume control
- Asynchronous Class 1 USB data transfer using the Streamlength™ protocol*
- Direct-coupled digital-to-analog circuitry from the ESS Sabre™ DAC chip through the analog volume control and analog output section
- Minimum-Phase Digital Filter for more naturally detailed, dynamic music
* DragonFly Red’s Streamlength™ asynchronous USB code ensures low jitter, low resource load, minimal packet errors, world-class audio playback, and reliable connectivity between our DAC and any computing device compliant with USB Host Mode (as set forth by the USB Organization). Streamlength® requires no additional drivers, making DF Red virtually plug-and-play for Apple, Windows, iOS, and Android users.
|Sample rates supported, LED indicator color code||44.1kHz (Green), 48kHz (Blue), 88.2kHz (Amber), 96kHz (Magenta)|
|Output impedance||0.65 ohms|
|Suggested minimum load impedance (headphones, electronic input)||12 ohms|
|Analog audio – Frequency response||DC - 22 kHz (44.1kHz sample rate)|
DC - 24 kHz (48kHz sample rate)
DC - 44 kHz (88.2kHz sample rate)
DC - 48 kHz (96kHz sample rate)